Wednesday, April 10, 2013

New Common Core Product & Updates for You! ;-)

Click the picture to get your own copy
from my TpT store!
       Hi everyone! Sorry about being MIA for the past few weeks, but I have been working hard on new TpT products, applying for jobs (yes, I will tell you all about it!) and enjoying the sunshine we have had here in Rhode Island. I can't express to you how much I appreciate the heat after the winter we had this year! Yesterday was 70 degrees and today was 62! A-MEN! I am so looking forward to summer! Well, as I said I have been working on new TpT products and my newest one is there on the left. It is a new, fun multiplication game that I made up. The students love it! Here is what they have said about it...

“I love Ka-Pow! You never know who is going to win so it is exciting!”

“Multiplication is so fun now!”


OR, my favorite....
 
“Miss Parker can we stay in for recess and play Ka-Pow?!”

       I am really excited that the students enjoyed it so much! I will be creating an addition and subtraction version this week, as well. Check back for the update on when it will be ready!
 
       Besides this game, I have been working non-stop (well pretty much anyways) on my new nonfiction product that will be ready in about a week! It has lots of fun nonfiction passages and activities to use with them. Being that the Common Core is so focused on nonfiction, I am happy I put the time and effort into this product. I know it will be useful and the students have loved the ones we used so far. It is targeted towards grades 2 and 3. I can't wait for you all to see it.
 
       As promised, I want to quickly tell you about my job that I am applying for. Ok, well a district by me is going to full day kindergarten so there are 4 openings! Yes, 4! I am so thrilled that it even came up on School Spring. The teaching jobs in RI are very hard to come by! Therefore, I am pretty much praying, crossing my fingers, and wishing as much as possible. Haha! I keep telling myself that whatever is meant to be will be so to not stress so much. Still, it is hard! I will keep you posted if I hear anything!
 
       Oh, and one last thing just for fun. Yesterday, one of the little girls came up to me and said she drew a picture of me. While I have gotten plenty of them and they are all uniquely special, this one was so well done! She got down to every little detail! I figured I share it! So, what do you think? Do you see the resemblance? Hehe! ;-)



Thanks everyone for stopping by! Talk to you all again soon!

4 comments:

  1. Good luck on the job search! Fingers crossed you get an interview!! :)

    Kimberly Ann
    Live, Laugh, I love Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kim, thank you soooo much! I am hoping and wishing! I will let you know!!! ;-)

      Delete
  2. I will keep my fingers crossed for you! Ka-Pow looks like a super fun game- can't wait for the addition and subtraction versions!

    -Maria
    Everyone deServes to Learn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I am hoping for an interview at least! ;-) In the meantime, I will be working on those addition and subtraction versions! I will have them up within the week.

      Delete

 
01 09 10